Monday, September 14, 2015

Avenue Q

YAY! This is the last of the A's (PS - I am basing the order of this list off the wikipedia list of musicals A-L).

I don't know why I didn't listen to/own Avenue Q before. I knew I would like it. I'd heard several of the songs, I knew the basic premise, I liked everything I heard... who knows. I guess I just got lazy. But, especially after I started doing puppetry stuff with Rock-a-Baby, how was I not like, "oooh, I have all the skills for this show. Maybe I should look at it!"? Come on, Past Alisa.

Oh, well, I know now.

Avenue Q is delightful in every way. I made my husband Chris promise me that we can see it soon, since it's still playing Off-Broadway. It's hilariously funny, the songs are GREAT and catchy as hell, and there are puppets. It's a recipe for success!

Of course, even though there were times I laughed out loud while finally listening to Avenue Q, my favorite parts were the really heartbreaking stuff, like in "There's a Fine, Fine Line" and even parts of "I Wish I Could Go Back to College."

The whole show is wonderful and you're doing yourself a disservice (just like Past Alisa did), if you haven't listened to it/seen it.

Avenue Q
Music and Lyrics by Robert Lopez and Jeff Marx
Book by Jeff Whitty

No comments:

Post a Comment