Thursday, August 27, 2015

1776

I have basically known about, and been in love with, 1776 my entire life. My parents loved it and introduced me to it when I was really young. I, in turn, introduced it to my 5th grade class, because I was really optimistic and naive and thought a bunch of normal 11 year olds would appreciate it since we were studying the American Revolution.

They didn't.

Nor did the company at the American Shakespeare Center when I tried to make them watch it on the 4th of July 2008.

I, however, love 1776 so much. It has 3 of my dream roles (interesting because there are only 2 women in it) and in my opinion some of the best acting in a movie musical.

I love you, 1776. Never change. (Not even to make you more historically accurate.)

1776
Music and Lyrics: Sherman Edwards
Book: Peter Stone
wikipedia article

No comments:

Post a Comment