Friday, August 28, 2015

The Act

Do you like Liza Manelli? If so, you might like The Act. If you don't, don't even bother because that's literally all this show is: Liza Manelli singing Kander and Ebb songs.

Now, I really like Liza. I think she's HILARIOUS and incredibly talented. Apparently this show was doomed from the start since it was being performed when Liza was going actually insane. And, again,  Kander and Ebb are not normally my favorite style, but many of these songs are super catchy and Liza can really tell a story vocally. She really is special. They're the kind of songs that you'd listen to before YOU performed to get you pumped up and in the right head space. Even, like, Bobo's can pump you up somehow.

Ok, maybe it can only pump ME up, but this is my life, now, so I have to deal with this fact.

The Act
Music by John Kander
Lyrics by Fred Ebb
Book by George Furth

No comments:

Post a Comment