Friday, August 28, 2015

A Tale of Two Cities

Emphasis on "the worst of times"!

I had to settle for the concept album of A Tale of Two Cities that came out several years before the show was on Broadway, so I don't know if it changed much between. It ran for 60 performances. I basically hate nearly everything Charles Dickens wrote and I'm really having a hard time believing that anyone made this musical out of a passion for the subject matter and original story.

You know how when you scan through radio stations in the car (I am remembering riding in a car -- I haven't driven in 6 years) and you're like "Oooooh, what's this? Oh, it sounds cool. OH WAIT, NO, IT'S CHRISTIAN ROCK. HELP! I CAN'T CHANGE THE STATION FAST ENOUGH!" That's kind of felt I felt about this musical. I listened to the whole thing and I can't say that it's 100% bad (I CAN say that about some things), but it were a far, far better thing that this had never been made.

A Tale of Two Cities
wikipedia article


No comments:

Post a Comment