Thursday, August 27, 2015

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

I get anxious thinking about how much I want to be in this show and how I am not yet in this show.

I saw The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (henceforth known as just "Spelling Bee") in 2006, standing room, original cast, on my first day in NYC for a 4 day trip. It was fucking glorious. If I am not mistaken, my sister either sent me the CD or told me to buy the CD, when I lived in Los Angeles for a period of time in 2005. This show is beautiful and hilarious and magical. It is everything wonderful that I love in life: great songs that aren't sung by sopranos, movers that aren't dancers, HEART, adults playing children, improv and SPELLING BEES.

Yes, I love spelling bees. I watch that goddamn Scripps National Spelling Bee every single year and it is one of the most important days in May. It is my favorite thing on ESPN (I surprisingly do watch a lot of ESPN).

Spelling Bee + Me. Do yourself a favorite and make Spelling Bee + YOU.

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Music and Lyrics by William Finn
Book by Rachel Sheinkin
wikipedia article

No comments:

Post a Comment